Sunday, February 11, 2018

My Favorite Place

There's just something about the ocean. It's the way the sky reaches down into the water, the horizon an infinity of blue and the sun winking back at itself a thousand times.


The waves whisper of a power held back and I marvel that this rippling expanse is but a rain drop in God's hand.


The salt of the ocean visits with each breath of wind, blowing back the intensity of the sun's touch.


It is my favorite place.

The feel of it. The view of it. The sound of it.

Palm fronds dance overhead to their own musical rattling and it makes me smile.


I feel perfectly empty and full, taking in the way God seems to say something in each little detail.






1 comment:

  1. Favourite place for me is Colorado. Living sweet sugary sand beaches is a daily occurrence, but the heat. Give me the port wine and the springs the first weekend of June and with bells on, and powdered sugar, baby. Your paramour is here, my darling bloggers. When the sun is blue and interjecting, there's always the ardo gold mine and 14000 footer mt. evans, and Colorado pie.

    ReplyDelete